Thursday 29 March 2012

Freak Like Me..


I've had a pretty hectic couple of weeks filled with presentations, exams and a 100 page assignment so I've had little time to spare to do anything else, particularly blogging! This week I managed to escape from the long days of essay writing and revision and helped out backstage with the second year's fashion show. The whole day was so much fun (if not a little hectic). I loved the insight into organising a fashion show and am pretty excited that this is something I will be doing next year! The theme was based around fetish wear, with fetish, alien and doll themed catwalk runs. It was amazing seeing the whole thing come together, it was a pretty stressful day and night but being able to see everything come together made it all worth it. The outfits worn by the models were crazy, but they had been put together so well by the second years.
I worked with a model who seemed to have been given all of the tightest clothes possible, which made it a pretty difficult task to get her changed in time for the next walk. Somehow I managed to get her changed and onto the catwalk without anything in the wrong place (thank god!). I must admit I was really impressed with the whole thing though - a full team of professional hair and make-up artists were put in place for all the models and even little details like demented barbie dolls were used! I haven't taken any backstage photos but I know there was a photographer so I'll be sure to add some pictures as soon as I get hold of them!
Let's just hope us first years pull off our show just as well!

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment